10 Reasons to Consume More Arugula
Arugula, a plant native to the Mediterranean cuisine, and is used in salads since the Ancient Roman times.
The fact that it is very low in calories, arugula is highly recommended for dieters.
Loaded with vitamins A and C, arugula also contains high levels of calcium and Iron. Below is a list of all the health benefits of Arugula;
- Facilitates digestion and strengthens the stomach.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- High calcium content for strong bones.
- Contains diuretic properties.
- Cotains carotenoids which help maintain eye health.
- Weight control: 100 grams of arugula contains only 25 calories.
- Antioxidant helps prevent cancer.
- Folate contents play an important role in the production of blood cells.
- It is useful for heart and cardiovascular health.